Look out for the Good Journey Mark – where car-free visitors are welcome and enjoy a discount
Communications & Marketing (freelance)
Communications & Marketing (freelance)
We are looking for someone with excellent marketing and social media skills to increase our website traffic, social media engagement and media profile.
about good journey
Good Journey helps people get to UK visitor attractions and venues by train, bus, bike and foot. We are creating a network of Good Journey Mark attractions which offer discounted entry for car-free visitors and link to travel information on our website goodjourney.org.uk
We have already been joined by 30 leading attractions and initiated partnerships with the National Trust, RSPB and RHS. We aim to grow a network of 200+ attractions by 2022 and establish the Good Journey Mark as the UK-wide symbol that car-free visitors are welcomed and rewarded.
Good Journey is an independent not-for-profit company, supported by a coalition of organisations including Sustrans, CPRE and Campaign for Better Transport.
To increase traffic to our website through cost-effective online marketing and social media activity. To deliver a PR strategy to raise Good Journey’s online and media profile.
- Increase traffic to our website, through SEO, links from attractions, guest blogs and social media
- Increase our following and engagement on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Develop and deliver a PR strategy to increase coverage in online and traditional media
You will be a social media ninja and a great communicator. You will have a proven track record of increasing social media engagement and of successful marketing on a tight budget. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and well organised, and ideally have:
- Excellent skills in writing engaging copy and online content
- Excellent knowledge of social media, especially Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp and Google Analytics
- Strong organisational skills and good at setting and meeting targets
- Experience of planning and delivering online marketing
- Experience of managing social media for an organisation/business
- Experience of developing and delivering a PR strategy for an organisation
- Experience of online advertising, such as Google Adwords and Facebook
- Media experience – such as writing press releases and building relationships with journalists
- Highly self-motivated – able to work independently under your own initiative
- Commitment to, or interest in, sustainable transport / tourism / green issues
- Desire to be part of a small, friendly, energetic team – making positive change happen
contract & pay
This is a fixed term contract for an independent contractor working over a 12-month period from May 2019.
The contract involves a minimum of 50 days work – working an average of one day a week (actual working pattern tbc). Fixed fee of £6,250 (equivalent to £32,500 p.a. pro rata salary), plus a performance-based bonus of up to £1,250.
Initial contract is for one year, with likelihood of being renewed/increased beyond that.
Location: Working from home or at Good Journey’s office in Frome. You will need to be able to travel to Frome for monthly team meetings.
Reporting to: Good Journey’s Director
how to apply
Application is by CV, covering letter and short video.
A big part of this role is about communication. So, alongside your CV, please send us a 60-90 second video telling us about yourself and why you’d be great for the role. No need for anything fancy – a simple, single-shot video of you talking directly to the camera, using a smartphone or webcam, is perfect.
Please include your name (first name and surname) in the file names of CV, letter and video.
Please send your CV, letter and video, by midnight on Monday 8th April, to email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an informal two-way interview in Frome, on 15th, 16th, or 17th April.
in a nutshell
If you love what you see on our website and you’d love to tell people about it, we’d love to hear from you.
Any questions? Just get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org