Look out for the Good Journey Mark – where car-free visitors are welcome and enjoy a discount
Business Development (freelance)
Business Development (freelance)
We are looking for an enthusiastic friendly person, who is great at building relationships and getting people on board, to recruit visitor attractions to Good Journey and help them attract more car-free visitors.
about good journey
Good Journey helps people get to UK visitor attractions and venues by train, bus, bike and foot. We are creating a network of Good Journey Mark attractions which offer discounted entry for car-free visitors and link to travel information on our website goodjourney.org.uk
We have already been joined by 30 leading attractions and initiated partnerships with the National Trust, RSPB and RHS. We aim to grow a network of 200+ attractions by 2022 and establish the Good Journey Mark as the UK-wide symbol that car-free visitors are welcomed and rewarded.
Good Journey is an independent non-for-profit company, supported by a coalition of organisations including Sustrans, CPRE and Campaign for Better Transport.
To recruit visitor attractions and venues to the Good Journey Mark initiative. To support participating attractions in improving and promoting car-free travel options for visitors.
- Recruiting new attractions and venues, through emails, phone calls and meetings and logging progress on database
- Administering sign-ups and renewals for Good Journey – maintaining efficient subscription records and invoicing
- Providing support, information and training to help participating attractions improve car-free access – by phone, email and an annual training event
You will be a friendly person who is excellent at building relationships and getting people on board. You will have a proven track record of winning new customers or supporters. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and well organised, and ideally have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in sales/promotion by phone or face-to-face
- Great at writing appealing promotional emails
- Strong organisational skills and good at setting and meeting targets
- Track record of increasing supporters / customers / income
- Experience of providing information and support to customers
- Confident with IT and good at picking up new software
- Highly self-motivated – able to work independently under your own initiative
- Positive and friendly – able to build rapport and relationships with customers
- Commitment to, or interest in, sustainable transport / tourism / green issues
- Desire to be part of a small, friendly, energetic team – making positive change happen
contract & pay
This is a fixed term contract for an independent contractor working over a 12-month period from May 2019.
The contract involves a minimum of 50 days work, working an average of one day a week (actual working pattern tbc). Fixed fee of £6,250 (equivalent to £32,500 p.a. pro rata salary), plus a performance-based bonus of up to £1,250.
Initial contract is for one year, with likelihood of being renewed/increased beyond that.
Location: Working from home or at Good Journey’s office in Frome. You will need to be able to travel to Frome for monthly team meetings.
Reporting to: Good Journey’s Director
how to apply
Application is by CV, covering letter and short video.
A big part of this role is about communication. So, alongside your CV, please send us a 60-90 second video telling us about yourself and why you’d be great for the role. No need for anything fancy – a simple, single-shot video of you talking directly to the camera, using a smartphone or webcam, is perfect.
Please include your name (first name and surname) in the file names of CV, letter and video.
Please send your CV, letter and video, by midnight on Monday 8th April, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an informal two-way interview in Frome, on 15th, 16th, or 17th April.
in a nutshell
If you love what you see on our website and you’d love to tell people about it, we’d love to hear from you.
Any questions? Just get in touch: email@example.com