Our contact details
Name: Good Journey CIC
Address: Hill House, 37 Innox Hill, Frome, BA11 2LN
What data do we collect?
Good Journey collects the following data:
- Personal identification information including your name, email address and sometimes a business or personal phone number
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Good Journey with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Subscribe to our email newsletter or enter a competition
- Get in touch with us directly via email or telephone
- Apply for the Good Journey Mark by submitting the online form
- Use or view our website without disabling your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
Good Journey collects your data so that we can:
- Email you with occasional updates and links to new articles posted on the Good Journey website
- Enter you into competitions and notify you of the results
- Engage with your company / attraction about gaining the Good Journey Mark
- Connect to the Traveline API so that we can provide you with journey planning information
- Use Google analytics to measure user interactions with our website and make improvements to our service
How do we store your data?
The way we store your data, in relation to personal identification information, is determined by the way you provide us with it.
- Submitting the newsletter subscription form passes your email address via a secure API connection to our email marketing partner, Mailchimp and is held within their secure database. Your email address will remain there for as long as we continue to use Mailchimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. The login to our Mailchimp account is secured with 2 factor authentication.
- Submitting the attraction sign-up form passes your information via a secure API connection to Gmail’s SMTP server, your data is protected by 256bit encryption at all times. Your contact details including name, email, telephone number and company name are added to our main list of contacts within Gmail, our CMS software Hubspot, and our accounting software Quickbooks for the purpose of general direct communication relating to your Good Journey Mark/membership and billing.
Good Journey, Mailchimp, Google and Hubspot will keep your personal identifiable information data for as long as is necessary to continue providing you with our services.
If you wish to terminate any of these services you can also request for us to delete or anonymise any data we hold about you, if you would like us to do this, please contact us.
Google tracking IDs and cookies are set in your browser by our connection to the Traveline API and our Google Analytics account. More information about cookies and how to disable them can be found below in the cookies section.
Your email address will remain within Mailchimp’s database for as long as we continue to use Mailchimp’s services for email marketing, or until you specifically request removal from the list.
You can do this by using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you, or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter or entering our competition.
What are your data protection rights?
Good Journey would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Good Journey for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Good Journey correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Good Journey to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Good Journey erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Good Journey restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Good Journey’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Good Journey transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Understanding how you use the Traveline journey planner
What types of cookies do we use?
Good Journey only uses unique (trackable) cookies that are set by the Google Analytics service, using the implementation of analytics.js.
These cookies set tracking IDs in your browser and allow the Traveline API and Good Journey’s Google Analytics account to track user interactions with the Good Journey website and Traveline journey planner.
Analysis of this tracking data is only possible within a Google analytics account where all the information available is completely anonymised.
The cookie notice used on the Good Journey website also sets a non-unique (non-trackable) cookie in your browser, enabling you to keep it hidden for 6 months.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove existing cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk