Look out for the Good Journey Mark – where car-free visitors are welcome and enjoy a discount
PLEASE NOTE: Owing to COVID-19, we are delaying recruitment and will re-advertise this post in due course.
Car-free Tourism Initiative – Development Officer
We are looking for an enthusiastic friendly person, who is great at building relationships and getting people on board, to recruit visitor attractions to Good Journey and help them attract more car-free visitors.
about good journey
Good Journey champions car-free leisure travel. We help more people get to UK visitor attractions and venues by train, bus, bike and foot. Participating attractions offer discounted entry to car-free visitors, link to travel information on goodjourney.org.uk, and display the Good Journey Mark.
We have already recruited 40 leading attractions and initiated partnerships with the National Trust, English Heritage and RHS. We aim to grow a network of over 200 attractions by 2022 and establish the Good Journey Mark as the UK-wide symbol that car-free visitors are welcomed and rewarded.
Good Journey is an independent not-for-profit company, supported by a coalition of organisations including Sustrans, CPRE and Campaign for Better Transport.
To recruit visitor attractions and venues to the Good Journey Mark initiative. To help attractions improve and promote car-free travel for visitors.
- Researching visitor attractions and venues to join Good Journey and following up on leads and introductions from the Director
- Recruiting attractions to Good Journey, through phone calls, emails and social media
- Building great relationships with attractions and helping them to improve and promote car-free access
- Keeping excellent records of communications with attractions using simple CRM software
- Administering attraction subscriptions, renewals and invoicing
- Assisting with Good Journey’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Helping to build relationships with potential sponsors, such as train and bus companies
- Assisting the Director in other aspects of developing Good Journey
You will be a friendly person who is excellent at building relationships and getting people on board. You will have a proven track record of winning new customers or supporters. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and well organised, and ideally have:
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent at writing compelling promotional emails
- Confident in pitching to people by phone or face-to-face
- Strong organisational skills and good at setting and meeting targets
- Track record of increasing supporters / customers / income
- Experience of building great relationships with customers or supporters
- Experience of creating engaging content for social media or web
- Confident with IT and good at picking up new software
- Experience of CRM software and/or ability to type notes while on the phone would be useful
- Highly self-motivated – able to work independently under your own initiative
- Positive and friendly – able to build rapport and relationships with customers
- Commitment to, or interest in, sustainable transport / tourism / green issues
contract & pay
The job involves working an average of 22.5 hours per week – which can be worked flexibly to suit your work-life balance. The salary is up to £27,000 pro rate, dependent on experience and suitability for the role. Initial contract is for one year, with likelihood of being renewed.
Location: Working from home or at Good Journey’s office in Frome. You will need to be able to travel to Frome for regular meetings.
Reporting to: Good Journey’s Director
how to apply
Application is by CV, covering letter and short video.
A big part of this role is about communication. So, alongside your CV, please send us a 60-90 second video telling us about yourself and why the job appeals to you. No need for anything fancy – a simple, single-shot video of you talking directly to the camera, using a smartphone or webcam, is perfect.
Please include your name (first name and last name) in the file names of CV, letter and video.
Please send your CV, letter and video to email@example.com
If your video is larger than 20MB please send via www.wetransfer.com
If shortlisted, you’ll be invited for an informal two-way interview in Frome, date TBC.
in a nutshell
If you love what you see on our website and you’d love to tell people about it, we’d love to hear from you.
Any questions? Just get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org