How to get toDover Castlecar-free
Plan your journey
Sorry! We can't find any journeys at that time...
Visit Dover Castle car-free
From Dover Town Centre, it is a mile’s uphill walk to the castle, or you can hop on bus 81 to save the climb. There are frequent buses to Dover from Canterbury and Folkestone, whilst the bus route from Sandwich, Deal and Walmer stops right outside the castle.
From further afield you can reach Dover easily by train from London and most Kent towns.
Our journey planner will show you train and bus times and walking routes.
Enjoy 20% off entry when you visit us car-free, showing a train or bus ticket or a bike helmet on arrival – terms and conditions apply.
There is a taxi rank at Dover Priory Station.
A group of 3 or more can save 34% on train travel with Southeastern Railway with Groupsave.
If travelling by train, you can save money on bus fares by asking for a Dover PlusBus ticket which is valid on all buses in Dover, Deal and Sandwich, including bus 81 to Dover Castle.
About Dover Castle
• Discover the story of Dunkirk in an immersive exhibition in our Secret Wartime Tunnels.
• Relive the tension as medics try to save an injured pilot on a tour of the Underground Hospital.
• Explore the medieval recreated rooms of the Great Tower and climb to the roof for amazing views across to France.
• Get hands on in the Port War Signalling Station to try your hand at Morse Code to spot enemy ships.
• Roam 80 acres of castle grounds with mighty battlements, a Roman lighthouse, a Saxon church and medieval tunnels.
For any queries about visiting contact Dover Castle on 0370 333 1181 or email@example.com
Address: Dover Castle, Castle Hill, Dover, Kent, CT16 1HU. Visit Website